Masterclass Participation Competition
--- EXTENDED DEADLINE - DUE MAY 1, 2015 ---
Several IHS LA Artists will teach open masterclasses where participants may perform. There is a least one masterclass taking place daily.
Interested in Performing for a Masterclass?
If you are interested in performing in a masterclass, please complete the Masterclass Participation Competition Form and upload your video(s) to Youtube (public or private links are both acceptable). Forms and repertoire will be available starting February 12, 2015 and will close on May 1, 2015 at midnight PST. Chosen participants will be notified by May 15, 2015.
Masterclass Participation Competition Repertoire:
- One (1) Movement of a Standard Horn Concerto/Sonata or Solo Horn Work
- Three (3) Standard Orchestra Excerpts
Horn Ensemble Repertoire
- Two (2) Contrasting Movements from Standard Horn Ensemble Works
Masterclass Participation Competition Rules & Regulations:
- Masterclass Participation Competition Winners must be registered for IHS LA 2015 by July 1, 2015.
- Competition Winners are expected to pay all costs associated with the IHS LA 2015 conference (i.e. registration fee, travel expenses, room and board, etc.).
- Ensembles may consist any number of horns between 2 and 10; however, pieces should be performed for which the instrumentation has been written (no doubling of parts should take place).
- Anyone submitting a proposal as a group should designate one person to be the main contact for the group. The main contact is the person that should complete this form and include his/her contact information.
- Notification of chosen IHS LA 2015 Masterclass Participation Winners will be May 15, 2015. This notification will also include an assigned masterclass time and date.
- The IHS LA 2015 Masterclass Participation Committee has the right to cancel a winner at no cost to the IHS LA 2015 Symposium if the winner fails to abide by all Masterclass Participation Competition Rules and Regulations.
- Pianists will be provided for masterclasses. It is the responsibility of the Masterclass Participation Winner to send the music to the accompanist by July 1, 2015.
- Masterclass Participation Winners will be assigned one (1) 20 minute rehearsal with their accompanist prior to the master class. If additional rehearsal time with the accompanist is requested by the winner, it will be up to that person to pay for this additional time. If the Masterclass Participation Winner fails to attend the initial assigned rehearsal time, it is up to the winner to schedule and pay for a new time.
- Video files should be uploaded to Youtube. Feel free to make your link private if you do not wish for others to see it. Files may be uploaded to Youtube as one track or multiple tracks.
- Please do not edit your performance.
- Chosen repertoire should not exceed 10 minutes in total.
- A winner may be asked to choose new repertoire for the masterclass that is different than what was submitted for the competition.
- For those wishing to apply both as an individual and in an ensemble, please submit separate forms.
- A ceremony (date TBD) will be held during IHS LA 2015 where all winners will be honored.
If there are any questions, please email: email@example.com.